Monday, September 28, 2015

Class Five: Seattle Flowers Cont'd

Today had been busy, and I kinda drug my feet about going to class.  Some days are more motivating than others, but I made it cause I knew it would make me feel better. And of course it did. :) Ms. L was accommodating enough to let me push back our lesson on landscapes (guess what you will see next week?) so I could finish my Seattle Flowers. She's pretty awesome. I started with playing around with the leaves before filling in the background to make the flowers pop.

Giving depth to the leaves...

Working with a cool background was Ms. L's idea to bring out the color in the petals. The leave became a lesson in letting go of detailing too early. Give the illusion of depth and curves in the leaves with vague brush strokes. Learning to see... Be flexible and accept that your work will change and evolve... Never finish one area a hundred percent (like when putting together a chair, don't screw in each screw completely, wait until all are in before tightening them properly). 

Again the flowers that I modeled from.

...And here is the end result. 
(The pic doesn't do it justice, hehe)

I will sit with this and let it be a reminder of my amazing vacation. :) This feels good, I'm getting so much out of these classes. Not my most creative post perhaps, but it does reveal progress. I'll take it. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment